The Singapore Microcomputer Society has a special Interest Group on Stocks and Shares,
exclusively for interested SMS members. Non members will be charged a door fee of $10.
Companies and individuals which/who would like to give presentations related to stocks and shares are requested to send an e-mail to
the coordinator, Mr Ng Chee Seng
The seminar room can seat about 35 members, and is equipped with a LCD projector. Broadband connection is available. The presenter is requested to bring along his/her own notebook PC.
The presentation slot is offered free of charge. Our only request is to make the presentation as educational as possible.
Get messages in RSS
| Add to My Yahoo!
From 24 September 2012, our presentation venue is at Classroom 1 (ground Floor), Bishan Community Club (near Bishan MRT Station / Bus Interchange)
Unless otherwise indicated, all presentations are held on Friday evenings, from 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
Free admission for SMS members. $10 door fee for non-SMS members. $5 door fee for Passion Card members.
SMS Tel: (65) 6243-3965
***(Weekly presentations moved to Fridays, at ground floor Classroom 1, Bishan Community Club,
wef 28th December 2012)
- Friday, 17 May 2013 : Secrets to Creating High Passive Income
- Apr 2013 : Correct Chart Analysis is the Key to Success in Trading
- Mar 2013 : Planning an Effective Stop Loss in Share Trading /
Book Review : You Too can be Rich - Wong Yee's method
- Feb 2013 : Is the Water Snake Good for Stock Markets?
- Jan 2013 : New Concept In Technical Analysis
- Nov 2012 : Does the Holy Grail Of Trading Stocks Exist?
- Oct 2012 : Trading Psychology and Trading Success
- Sep 2012 : Greed And Fear - Your Partners in Trading
- Aug 2012 : Is Crowd behaviour Smarter in the Market?
- Jul 2012 : Using Moving Averages for Intraday Trading
- Jun 2012 : Eye-balling Spots the winners
- May 2012 : Trade Support-Resistance using Count Back Line
- Apr 2012 : Using Triangles to identify Support and Resistance
- Mar 2012 : Build a Trading Plan using Moving Average Crossover
- Feb 2012 : Is a New Bull market in the Making?
- Jan 2012 : Accelerate your wealth in the next 6 months - How to catch the top and bottoms in stocks
- Nov 2011 : A re-look of Relative Strength Index(RSI)
- Oct 2011 : Trading is not Gambling
- Sep 2011 : WD Gann Trading Method
- Aug 2011 : Can we Trade IPO shares using Technical Analysis?
- Jul 2011 : Market Outlook for second half of 2011
- Jun 2011 : Volume Drives the Market
- May 2011 : Seasonal Investing - the 3rd Dimension
- Apr 2011 : Professional Trader, are born or can be trained
- Mar 2011 : Identifying Market Trend
- Feb 2011 : Revisit the ABCs of Technical Analysis
- Jan 2011 : Stock Market Outlook in Year 2011
- Nov 2010 : Successful Trading Technique, is it a Secret or a Myth?
- Oct 2010 : Trading strategy - using support & resistance
- Sep 2010 : Screening of DVD video "Rogue Trader"
- Aug 2010 : Do you know the odds of winning, 4D, jackpot machine and buying shares?
- Jul 2010 : How to monitor your shares on the move using PC or iPhone
- Jun 2010 : How chartist read data to make a decision
- May 2010 : How to Survive and Prosper in Turbulent Times?
- Apr 2010 : Factors to consider to form Trading Day View
- Mar 2010 : Total Market Analysis - Analyzing a Security on Multiple timeframes in multiple related markets using Technical Analysis
- Feb 2010 : Getting updates on share prices and market news on the move with Windows Phones and iPhone
- Jan 2010 : The Components of Trading Well
- Nov 2009 : Book Review - Trading for a Living by Dr Alexander Elder
- Oct 2009 : Book Review: "Your First Million - Make it in Stocks" by Dr Michael Leong
- Sep 2009 : Screening of DVD video "Other People's Money"
- Jul 2009 : Sharpen your Trading Edge
- Jun 2009 : Stock investing & Trading, Beginners Guide
- May 2009 : How To position yourself to take advantage of the next Bull market? Has the market bottom?
- Apr 2009 : Create a Portfolio of Stocks and Analyze Price Charts using free data from Yahoo Finance
- Mar 2009 : Using Triangles Chart Pattern for Trading
- Jan 2009 : Market Outlook for the short term and beyond 2009
- Nov 2008 : Fundamental vs Technical Analysis
- Oct 2008 : Contrarian Investing
- Sep 2008 : Aligning yourself for Profits in Bull and Bear Markets
- Aug 2008 : Point & Figure Chart
- Jul 2008 : Triple Screen Trading System
- Jun 2008 : Building Custom Indicators in Metastock
- May 2008 : Understanding Bollinger Bands
- Apr 2008 : Understanding Market Cycles
- Mar 2008 : Look For Trading Opportunity in Rally
- Feb 2008 : Using the Average True Range for Trading
- Jan 2008 : Market outlook in 2008, plus development of the China market and its impact on regional markets
- Nov 2007 : Trading the Gap Down
- Oct 2007 : Structured Warrants
- Sep 2007 : Scanning for trending stocks by GMMA
- Aug 2007 : Turtle Style Trading Steps
- Jul 2007 : The Turtle Way to Succeed in Trading
- Jun 2007 : Using Bollinger Band and ADX Signals
- May 2007 : Fibonacci Trading for Singapore Stocks
- Apr 2007 : Monitoring of Malaysia Shares by the Star Online
- Mar 2007 : Charting The Stock Markets
- Feb 2007 : Effective Short Term Trading Strategies
- Jan 2007 : Using Lunar Cycles to Trade Stocks
- Dec 2006 : Looking at Stocks movement in 2007 from Feng Shui view
- Nov 2006 : Identifying stock market tops and bottoms
- Oct 2006 : Profiting from IPO and Small Cap Stocks
- Sep 2006 : Create a Portfolio of Stocks, download financial data using web queries and Analyze Price Charts using free data from Yahoo Finance
- Aug 2006 : Create a Portfolio of Stocks and Analyze Price Charts using free data from Yahoo Finance
- Jul 2006 : How to Identify Profitable Trading Opportunities
- Jun 2006 : Stop Loss in Share Trading, Putting Theory into Practice
- Apr 2006 : Market Analysis on Major World Indexes (including some specific to Singapore)
- Mar 2006 : How to program Metastock Explorer to do short listing of stocks
- Feb 2006 : How to setup default chart pattern and template in Metastock
- Jan 2006 : Critical Success Factors on Share Trading
- Nov 2005 : Using Moving Averages to Explore for Trending Stocks
- Oct 2005 : The Steps to Success in Trading is Mental
- Sep 2005 : Candlestick Charting Technique
- Aug 2005 : Factors to consider in Selecting a Stock Broker
- Jul 2005 : Earn consistent, superior returns with emphasis on Risk Management
- Jun 2005 : System Trading with Certainty
- May 2005 : 6 steps to the winning formula seminar workshop
- Apr 2005 : Learn to pay your bills through trading
- Mar 2005 : Discussion on the component stocks of the STI
- Feb 2005 : A Winning Stock Trading Approach
- Nov 2004 : How to spot a great company for investment?
- Oct 2004 : A Simple but Effective Approach to Master the Stock Market
- Sep 2004 : Neural Network - An Artificial Intelligence Approach to Stock Market Trend Analysis
- Aug 2004 : The Importance of Dividends in the Overall Return of Your Stock Investment
- Jun 2004 : Financial Information At Your Finger Tips
- Apr 2004 : Tips From The Source: How to maximise your experience with StarsNet
- Feb 2004 : Will STI Peak in 2008? - A Lesson from USA
- Jan 2004 : Improve your investment performance with StarsNet
- Dec 2003 : Q&A on "The Joseph Cycle - Will the STI rise to 4,300 by 2008"
- Nov 2003 : Developing a Profitable Strategy in the Stock Market for 2004
- Oct 2003 : Neural Network - A Stock Market Trend Tool
- Sep 2003 : Cycle Theory and Application of the 7, 14, 28 and 56 years cycle since1819
- Aug 2003 : Intra-day and short-term strategy in the Stock Market
- Jul 2003 : The Year of the Waterfall
- Jun 2003 : The 7-Year Stock Market Cycle
- May 2003 : Co-Operative - A better Life
- Mar 2003 : Retirement Planning and Annuities for the Golden Years
- Feb 2003 : Neural Network and the Stock Market
- Jan 2003 : Unit Trust, and Personal Financial Analysis
- Dec 2002 : Low-risk trading opportunities through technical scanning
- Nov 2002 : Trading with NextView Professional Advisor / Elliott Wave Theory
- Oct 2002 : Regional and Singapore market outlook
- Sep 2002 : Multiple Time Frame and Fibonacci Trader
- Jul 2002 : Financial Management and Financial Planning - Preserving, Protecting and transferring of family wealth
- May 2002 : DMG online/ Voice activated/ PDA trading systems
- Apr 2002 : The Art of Simple Technical Analysis - Moving Averages
- Mar 2002: Spotting Accumulation
- Jan 2002: The Art of Simple Technical Analysis (TA) - a foundation
- Nov 2001: Trading the market with gann elliot, in a nutshell
- Oct 2001: Make money in Bull, Bear or Sideways Market (How to intelligently use different investment strategies and products at different time)
- Sep 2001: Arm yourself with powerful tools from ShareInvestor !
- Aug 2001: Product Demonstrations - MetaStock 7.2 and OmniTrader 2001
- Jul 2001: A Layman's Guide to Equity Derivatives in the Singapore Stock Market- Understanding them & Profiting from them
- Jun 2001: Singapore and US equity market outlook
- May 2001: Technical Analysis using TradeStation, GET and Pronet
- Apr 2001: Application of Technical Analysis to Stocks
- Mar 2001: Wild Dance With The Golden Snake
- Feb 2001: TrendFinder Indicator
- Jan 2001: Singapore's Stock Market In Your Hand
- Dec 2000: Exploring MetaStock - Advanced (Part 2)
- Nov 2000: Exploring MetaStock - Advanced (Part 1)
- Oct 2000: How long should one hold on to a particular stock to maximise one's investment?
- Sep 2000: MetaStock Demonstration
- Aug 2000: Exploring MetaStock - Basic
- Jul 2000: An Introduction to Technical Analysis, to Maximise Profit from the Stock Market, using Metastock
- Jun 2000: Online Share Trading / Quicken's QuickInvestor / Market Outlook
- May 2000: Complete Trading Systems
- Apr 2000: How to Use Moving Averages to identify the current trend
- Mar 2000: Introduction to Candlestick Charting
- Feb 2000: Investment @ the speed of thought
- Jan 2000: A Review on Trading Strategy
- Dec 1999: Recognising Patterns in Technical Analysis for Profitable Trading
- Nov 1999: ProSTOCK 2000 LE - How to monitor and analyse On-Line cost-effectively for the general investors
- Oct 1999: ProSTOCK 2000 Monitoring and Analysis Online
- Sep 1999: Using MetaStock Explorer to generate Hot Stocks list
- Aug 1999: Trading with MetaStock and OmniTrader
- Jul 1999: Experience Electronic Share Trading With a Difference
- Jun 1999: Profitable Trading with Fibonacci Trader
- May 1999: Online Trading for Independent Investors
- Apr 1999: Introduction to the Financialyst system for stock market investors
- Mar 1999: Trend Trading System, and Trading Opportunities
- Jan 1999: Enhancing Your Trading Strategies with MetaStock Explorer
- Dec 1998: Internet Share Trading - the EQ-Way
- Nov 1998: Introduction to Fibonacci Trader
- Oct 1998: (I) A Global Insight Into World Markets - Investing in Europe as an Alternative
(II) Stock Picking Through Electronic Trading In The Current Economic Crisis
- Sep 1998: Introduction to Technical Analysis Scanner
- Aug 1998: A Review of Elliot Wave in Our Current Market Condition
- Jul 1998: Discussion of Gann Trading Plans
- Jun 1998: Singapore's Stock Market In your Pocket
- May 1998: MoneyCast Real-Time Financial Data for Sophisticated Investors
- Apr 1998: Introduction to OmniTrader charting software
- Feb 1998: Layouts and Templates in MetaStock 6.5,
and Portfolio Management
- Jan 1998: Discussion on SuperCharts 4.0
- Dec 1997: Developing Winning Strategy
- Nov 1997: Introduction to MetaStock 6.5
- Oct 1997: Discussion on MetaStock for Windows - Advanced Features
- Sep 1997: Discussion on MetaStock for Windows - The Basics
- Aug 1997: Portfolio Management using Microsoft Excel, linked to MetaStock Data Base
- Jul 1997: Using WebWhacker to Capture the Discussion Messages on the Local Stock Market in the Internet *FISH* Forum for Offline Reading
- Jun 1997: Trading the Elliott Wave Using Advanced Get
- May 1997: Developing a Trading System for SuperCharts
- Apr 1997: Introduction to Metastock 6.0
- Mar 1997: Introduction to Gann Cycles
- Feb 1997: Discussion on Day Trading Tactics - Use of Trading Bands
- Jan 1997: Moving Average Convergence-Divergence (MACD)
- Dec 1996: Explorations in Metastock 5.1 for Windows
- Nov 1996: Introduction to the newly-created sg.invest.stocks newsgroup
- Oct 1996: Layouts and Templates in MetaStock 5.1
- Sep 1996: Discussion of Technical Analysis Indicators: RSI and Stochastic
- Aug 1996: How to do Offline Reading of Local Stock Market Messages in the *FISH* Forum
- Jul 1996: Macros and Explorer Functions in Metastock 4.5
- Jun 1996: Introduction to Neural Networks and Related Technologies
- May 1996: Introduction to Metastock 5.1 for Windows
- Apr 1996: A Discussion of Price Movements Using Metastock
- Mar 1996: Learning Technical Analysis via Video Tape
- Feb 1996: Introduction to Supercharts
- Jan 1996: Elliott Wave System
- Dec 1995: Accessing Financial Information Through the Internet (FISH/FISH*Net)
- Nov 1995: Finding Stock Market Information on the Internet
- Oct 1995: How to Become a Remisier - the Inside Story
- Sep 1995: Profitable Trading with Candlestick Charts
MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS PROMOTION (EFFECTIVE NOW!)
SMS has an on-going Membership Renewals Promotion. An existing member who recommends a new member to SMS, will receive a credit of $10 per member when his/her renewal is due. That is to say, if you recommend one new member, you get to pay only $50 for your renewal instead of the usual $60. If you recommend six new members within one year, your renewal fees will be waived for the next year! Just quote your membership number and state
'Recommended By' in the application form of the new member and your bonus will be credited towards your own membership.
SMS introduces member-refer-speaker discount
From May 2003, SMS has introduced a member-refer-speaker scheme to be introduced, and will integrate and implement it together with the ongoing member-get-member renewals promotion, whereby each new member who is recommended to join the Society will earn the existing member a $10 discount when the latter renews his/her membership with the Society.
In other words, the $10 discount per introduction can be a combination of each new member introduced to the Society, or each speaker introduced for the weekly presentations.
We hope that the new member-refer-speaker scheme will be one way for our members to have their wish/request of a certain topic, or to listen to their favourite speaker.
Similar to the member-get-member renewals promotion whereby the $10 discount will be earned only when the introduced member actually joins the Society, our member who introduces a speaker under the member-refer-speaker scheme will earn the $10 discount only when the speaker has spoken at a weekly presentation.
Members who wish to avail themselves of the member-refer-speaker scheme should send an email to our Manager Mr Teo Soon Bock at firstname.lastname@example.org who will then, depending on the topic details, refer it to the relevant SIG Chairman for follow-up action. The member should preferably have already got the consent of the prospective speaker, and let us know his/her contact details.
SMS reserves the right to accept speakers who are able to give informative talks to our members, without hard-sell tactics.
Click here to return to Teo Soon Bock's