[Chao Mugger front door] [Quick contents & download] [More things in heaven and earth]
[Shakespeare in general]
[Hamlet] [The Tempest] [As You Like It]
THE CANTERBURY INN
Download the ZIPPED Canterbury Inn
Canterbury Tales: HTML (incomplete) | Long plain vanilla | Split up plain vanilla
Wyf of Bathe: HTML Tale (no Prologue) | Plain vanilla Prologue & Tale
The Nun's Priest: Plain vanilla Prologue & Tale
- Attack on Women & Married Life?
- Consider the view that the Wife of Bath's Prologue could be read as merely an attack on women and married life.
[Yeo Siew Lian's essay] or [Ng E-Ching's essay]
- Anticlimax of the Tale
- "After the robust presentation of the Prologue, the Tale is an anti-climax." Do you agree?
- Luminarium Critical Essays [off Chao Mugger]
- PRICELESS. This is where to get lots and lots of good critical essays on Chaucer. The webmaster, Anniina Jokinen, is a nice person too! Try her Chaucer Page too, for non-critical details. If you have guts, consider tackling the rest of Luminarium.
- Summaries of the Canterbury Tales [off Chao Mugger]
- If you want to show off your knowledge of other tales in your essays, but don't want to read reams and reams of Middle English, this site might be good for you. Very, very short summaries of a number of the tales. Be warned -- no analysis here.
- Audio Clips of The Canterbury Tales [NOT WORKING AT LAST CHECK] [off Chao Mugger]
- Just for fun these are audio clips of the beginnings of a fair number of the tales. The clips are in .WAV format, size range 139-235 KB. You may wish to hear The Wyf of Bathe and The Nun's Priest's.
- (Un)related: The Student of Bathe - the Singaporean's tale of 'A' levels
- "Experience, though noon auctoritee / Were in this world, is right ynogh for me / To speke of wo that is in exams ..." -- my ex-classmate Daryl's idea of how a Student of Bathe's Prologue would run.
Shall I mail you when there are new essays?
This site most desperately needs new essays, especially some by the J1s and J2s it's for! Contributions dealing with these texts are very welcome indeed.
Back to the Chao Mugger front door, or visit
The RJC History Society | Siew Lian's Literary Decadence | My Ng SiblNgs hMepage | My Caliriel - Eyrie of Calligraphy.
Your comments are always welcome.