[Chao Mugger front door] [Quick contents & download] [More things in heaven and earth]
[Shakespeare in general]
[Hamlet] [The Tempest] [As You Like It]
HTML text | Plain vanilla text
- The Hamlet Home Page [off Chao Mugger]
- A "fun", basic approach to Hamlet. You might want to skip this if you want to get right into complex issues. Text, scene summaries, and decent intros on understanding concepts in bulleted argument form. The discussion page wins on organisation, but not on content over the Shakespeare Web's.
- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark [off Chao Mugger]
- 3 essays about the central question of Hamlet, or "Why doesn't Hamlet kill Claudius immediately?" A 4th essay on the minor characters.
- A Mirror for Mankind: The Pose of Hamlet with the Skull of Yorick [off Chao Mugger]
- Don't use this page to cram Hamlet for the common test -- visit it if you're attracted to "qimology" (heavy going) that isn't even really about Hamlet. It discusses the motif of Hamlet talking to the skull in poetry and art -- memento mori -- rather than being straight literary criticism.
Shall I mail you when there are new essays?
This site most desperately needs new essays, especially some by the J1s and J2s it's for! Contributions dealing with these texts are very welcome indeed.
Back to the Chao Mugger front door, or visit
The RJC History Society | Siew Lian's Literary Decadence | My Ng SiblNgs hMepage | My Caliriel - Eyrie of Calligraphy.
Your comments are always welcome.